Special Education, Preschool & 504
In the Campbell County School District, we believe all students can learn at high levels. We are committed to doing "whatever it takes" to provide a free appropriate public education and full educational opportunities for all students with disabilities. The district proudly provides a full continuum of services in order to meet the unique needs of each student. We believe that parents, community, and educational staff working together can create a climate in which all students become life-long learners.
Dr. Laura Clarke Patricia Bitsilly
Director of Special Education Assistant Director of Special Education
CCS Family Resources for Special EducationCampbell County Schools Special Education Department has created a google webpage to keep our families up to date on special education activities, events and informational resources. Click Here to visit the webpage and get the latest updates.
Child Find NoticeCampbell County Schools urges you, through Child Find, to give every child a chance to learn. If you have or know of a child who has a disability and is not receiving needed special help, please contact the Director of Special Education for Campbell County Schools.Preschool Screening for the 2023-2024 School YearAll students must be screened prior to preschool enrollment to ensure he or she meets the district's current qualification criteria for preschool enrollment. To be contacted for preschool screening click HERE to access the screening form.
YOUR CHILD MAY QUALIFY IF:
- The child is a Campbell County Schools resident
- The child is 3 or 4 years old and displays delays in speech and/or challenges in attaining developmental skills that are needed to be successful in school. Required ages are as of August 1 of the current school year.
- The child is 4 years old by August 1 of the current school year and the family qualifies financially. The Household Income Form and other preschool forms are posted under documents. You may submit this form to your school.
- Children who are 4 years old by August 1 of the current school year but do not meet the eligibility requirements of either delays or finances may attend as a "Universal 4" at no cost as long as there is space available.
- Annual Notice of Non-Discrimination
- Child Find Notice
- CCS Special Education Procedures
- IDEA Parental Rights
- Free and Low-Cost Legal Services
- Norse Project SEARCH