In the Campbell County School District, we believe that all students can learn at high levels. We are committed to doing "whatever it takes" to provide a free appropriate public education and full educational opportunities for all students with disabilities. The district proudly provides a full continuum of services in order to meet the unique needs of each student. We believe that parents, community, and educational staff working together can create a climate in which all students become life-long learners.
Marinell Kephart, Director of Special Education / 504 / Preschool
Jill Cook, Assistant Director of Special Education
Secretary of Special Education and Student Services
Child Find Notice
Campbell County Schools urges you, through Child Find, to give every child a chance to learn. If you have or know of a child who has a disability and is not receiving needed special help, please contact the Director of Special Education for Campbell County Schools.
YOUR CHILD MAY QUALIFY IF:
- He/She is a Campbell County Schools resident and...
- He/She is 3 or 4 years old and displays difficulty in speech and/or problems attaining developmental skills that are needed to be successful in school
- He/She is 4 years old by August 1st and the family qualifies financially
RESCHEDULING - Due to COVID 19 anyone who was scheduled to attend our May Screening will be notified with further instructions as soon as they have been determined.
- Watch for a LINK to open on our website: in Sept. for the Nov. screening ~or~ in March for the May screening.
- This link will allow you to sign up for the upcoming Preschool Screening online.
- After filling out the online form you will be assigned to a screening date & time
- A few weeks before the screening date, a letter will be mailed to you providing you with your child's' screening date, time, location, and any other necessary information that you will need.
- If you are unable to make the appointment date and time that was assigned to you, please notify me by email asap: firstname.lastname@example.org