NOTE: BUS ROUTE AND SHUTTLE INFORMATION IS BEST REVIEWED TWO (2) WEEKS PRIOR TO THE START OF SCHOOL AND THROUGHOUT THE SCHOOL YEAR. ROUTING AND BUS INFORMATION IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE AS ADDITIONS OR REMOVALS TO STUDENT RIDERSHIP AND BUS ASSIGNMENTS ARE ADJUSTED.
This page contains the following information:
- School Boundary Map
- Bus Route Information
- Department Contacts
- Field Trips
- Limited Transportation
- Best Practice for a Safe Bus Ride
- Keeping Information Up-to-Date
- Note for Kindergarten Parents
- Note for Preschool Parents
- Employment Opportunities
Please refer to each section for details.
School Boundary Map
- A district boundary map to guide you in determining which school a student is to attend. Please select this option to the right, under the heading "Boundaries."
Bus Route Information
- e-Link is a secure, web-based portal for parents/guardians and school staff to obtain bus stop information for their children. To check the bus stop and times for your student, please click HERE to login with your credentials (Login ID: student's unique state ID number; Password: date of birth).
- Note, this information is from a database - this is NOT a real-time GPS application.
- Bus stop times are approximate; students should always arrive at their designated stop at least 5 minutes in advance and be visible to the driver.
- Select Department Contacts under Documents
- For field trip information, click HERE
- To submit a request for a bus/district vehicle, click HERE
- At times circumstances may require deviation from an established bus route. This may occur when road conditions are not favorable or are inaccessible. Limited Transportation is established in order to assist efforts to ensure school remains in session despite such conditions.
- To see if your street if affected by the Limited Transportation plan, select the link "Limited Transportation" to the right, under the heading "Inclement Weather."
- If your street is not listed, then it is NOT affected by the Limited Transportation plan.
Best Practice For a Safe Bus Ride
- Riders are to be at their bus stop at least 5 minutes prior to their scheduled pick up time, route times may vary due to weather and traffic conditions.
- A SCHOOL BUS IS NOT REQUIRED and WILL NOT SIT AND WAIT FOR RIDERS WHO ARE NOT AT THEIR DESIGNATED STOP. Buses are running on a very tight time frame and must continue on the route if the riders are not present.
- Due to nature of potential allergy and health conditions of varying students and the fact a bus is a small, enclosed environment, NO FOOD OR DRINK (OTHER THAN WATER) IS PERMITTED ON ANY SCHOOL BUS.
- Riders are to remain seated while the bus is in motion.
- Riders are to wait for the bus to come to a complete stop and the bus driver signals it is ok to enter or exit the bus.
- Misconduct on a bus will not be tolerated. If you witness or experience any misbehavior, please notify one or more of the following: the bus driver, a teacher, a school administrator, or report it under the anonymous tip line (please select S.T.O.P.! Safety Tipline" from the top of the district home page).
- Any transportation change in a child's regularly assigned bus pick-up/drop-off location must come through the school's office where a one day bus pass will be issued to the student. If your child does not have this Transportation Pass, the bus driver will not permit the child on the bus.
- For grades 1-12, please have a plan in place in the event there is not a parent/guardian at home when your child is dropped off in the afternoon
Keeping Information Up-to-Date
In order to provide our students with safe, efficient transportation to and from school, it is vital that we have the most current and accurate information for your household. Parents/Guardians are asked to call the Campbell County Schools Transportation Department at (859)635-2161 each time there is a change in the information below. This should also be done at the school level. This process assists our district in ensuring each student is delivered to and picked up from the correct address in a timely fashion.
Please keep us up-to-date with the following:
- Home and/or mobile phone number(s)
- Emergency contact names and phone numbers
- Childcare provider information, if applicable
Note for Kindergarten Parents/Guardians/Authorized Persons Receiving Students
Our bus drivers must make eye contact for ALL Kindergarten students with a parent/guardian/authorized person before they are permitted to exit the bus. If no eye contact is made the child is returned to their school. A Kindergarten student may be released with an older sibling only when written permission is on file with the Transportation Department AND the Director of Transportation has reviewed and approved the circumstances. Several factors are considered when making this determination. The request may or may not be approved. These requirements are to improve student safety.
Note for Pre-School Parents/Guardians/Authorized Persons Receiving Students
Our bus drivers may only release Pre-School age students directly to a parent/guardian/authorized person at the bus stop and require hand-to-hand contact from the Bus Monitor to the authorized person. If no-one is at the bus stop to directly receive the Pre-School student from the bus, the child will be returned to school. Per Board of Education Policy, if a student is returned to school 3 times, at that point the parent/guardian may be responsible for transportation. These requirements are to improve student safety.
Bus Drivers & Monitors
Campbell County Schools Transportation Department is searching for applicants to join our professional team of school bus drivers and monitors delivering the future. We are committed to doing “Whatever It Takes” to provide safe and efficient transportation for all students.
Please click this link for additional information.